Friday, December 18, 2015

Noel Wreath

Good morning everyone, Steph Ackerman here with a new Christmas post as a member of the Proxxon Tiny Tool Design Team.  Proxxon's tools are definitely fun to work with and perfect for projects, both big and small. 



Supplies:
Proxxon Tools:  Hot Wire Cutter
Smoothfoam
Art Anthology Paints
Rubber Dance Art Stamps
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops
May Arts Ribbon
Christmas Picks
Wood Wreath
Mesh
 
I wanted  a niced size "Noel" for a wreath I had in mind so I began by sketching out Noel on a sheet of Smoothfoam.


Next, I turned on the Hot Wire Cutter and began to cut.  The Hot Wire Cutter heats up quickly so I was able to begin right away.  I began by cutting away the larger pieces I didn't need.

 
Because I needed to cut out the center of the "o" and the "e", I cut through the letters with the Hot Wire Cutter and simply cut out the centers.  As this was going to be decorated and placed in a wreath, I wasn't too concerned with the extra cuts I had to make.

 
Now it was time to decorate.  I began by painting the letters red and green.  To avoid cross painting, I used painter's tape to block off the letters while I painted.



Once dry, I randomly stamped some Christmas images from Rubber Dance Art Stamps and added some Dew Drops from the Robin's Nest. 

 
 
To create the wreath, I pulled out a wood wreath and wrapped it loosely with some red and white mesh.  I then created a bow and tied it to the bottom.  I inserted some Christmas flora about NOEL, then adhered it to the wreath.

 
 
 What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.


 

No comments: