Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Journal

Happy New Year everyone, Steph Ackerman here today as a member of the Proxxon Tiny Tool Design Team. 

Do you believe 2016 is now here?  Time is just flying by so why not create a journal to document all that happens in 2016? 



Supplies:

Proxxon Detail Sander
Book
Clearsnap Ink
Clearsnap Art Screens for Ann Butler
Clearsnap Stamps
Indigoblu Stamps
Art Anthology Paint
Gesso

This book was a little too cutesy for my taste, so I decided to alter it.  But first I had to remove all the dimensional elements and glitter that was affixed to the book.

 
Using the Detail Sander, I was able to remove the elements and create a smooth surface to work on in no time at all.  The sander is perfect to use on projects both big and small.  It's light weight, easy to hold and the shape of the sander gets into small spaces.



Once the elements were removed, it was time to create the book I really wanted.  I  painted it with pinks and purples, then proceeded to decorate it with stencils and stamps.  I lightly stamped a village stamp along the bottom edge with black ink.
 
 
 Using molding paste with a star stencil, I partially covered the front cover.  Then I added wood letters, using the Detail Sander to smooth them before inking them.
 
 
 Once the molding paste dried, I adhered the letters to the right side.  I wanted a fun phrase for the front cover, so I stamped this Indigoblu stamp with brown ink.  I distressed the edges and inked it before adhering it to the book.   And I love the final result!!


Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 
 
 

No comments: