~Boho Vibe ~
Bohemian Style Drop Earrings
I love creating Vintage Bohemian jewelry pieces by creating texture , depth and interest. It is so fun to look at a piece and have to look hard to see it all!That's what I love about creating and incorporating different elements in the item I am creating! Here I have used the Proxxon Drill Press TBM115 to create the drilled holes in the top of the metal guitar pick. It is always wonderful to have the correct the tools to complete a job with ease and accuracy!
Below I have included the supply list and short tutorial on creating these lovelies!Enjoy!
2 blank brass plated guitar picks (1" in length)
2 bohemian style drop brass earring blanks
10 crystal drops ( I used a vintage piece of jewelry to take apart the crystal drops)
10 -4mm brass jump rings
2 -5mm brass jump rings
2- brass earring hooks
Vintaj Big Kick
Embossing folder ( any of Sizzix embossing folders will work well)
1) Start by using a black pen and measuring where you want the holes and mark it.
2) Drill holes using a 1mm drill bit in the tops where you have marked.
3)Using the Embossing folder and Vintaj Big Kick Embosser, put your guitar picks in the folder placing where you want the embossed design to be.
4) Here you can see the embossed design
5) If using a vintage piece of jewelry for your piece, open the jump rings and take the crystals off. I then saved the jump rings to attach to the new piece. Open jump rings to the side to prevent over stretching them and creating an easy seem to close up when finished.
6) Using the 2- 5mm jump rings attach the guitar pick to the earring base.
7) Open the loop on the earring hook part at the base and attach the earring to the earring hook, close.
And here is your beautiful pair of Boho Vibe Earrings!
~In Love & Light~