Friday, April 22, 2016

Live the Life You've Imagined

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today and I'm using the HotWire Cutter to create to create an embellishment for my canvas.


Supplies:
Proxxon Tools:  Hotwire Cutter
Smoothfoam
Ink
Paint
 

Using scraps of Smoothfoam, it's easy to create elements that add detail and dimension to your projects.  I drew an arrow on a scrap of Smoothfoam then used the HotWire Cutter to cut it. The HotWire Cutter makes it so quick and easy to cut any elements you need.


 
Next I created the background of my canvas using stencils, paints and spray inks.  I added some music paper, gessoing it in place and love that you can still see some of the music notes. 

 
Once the gesso dried, I added additional stenciling over the music paper with sprays and inks.  I also randomly stamped a script stamp around the canvas for some additional dimension and detailing, lighter in the center of the canvas and darker along the edges. Chipboard gears were added to the right side and my focal elements were added atop some torn and inked map paper.


I continued adding elements until I was happy with their placement.  The arrow was painted to coordinate with the colors in my canvas and placed in the corner to balance the canvas.


 Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 
Steph
 

No comments: