Friday, April 1, 2016

Upcycled Family Shelf

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today  to share how I upcycled and repurposed a wood family shelf.  Whether you make a shelf or purchase an unfinished shelf, it's quite easy to customize a shelf that fits your décor. 



Supplies:
Proxxon Tools:  Delta Sander
Ann Butler Designs Iridescents - Berry, Onyx
Wood Shelf

This shelf had some texture and detailing that was definitely not pleasing to the eye.  Since the shelf is a nice size, I wanted to upcycle it.  Out came my Proxxon Delta Sander and I got to work sanding off the bulky texture. 

 
Because of it's shape the Delta Sander was able to get into the smallest of areas.  Sanding this shelf would have taken me hours with a sanding block, but using the Delta Sander cut down my sanding time dramatically. 

 
Using Ann Butler Designs Iridescents, I painted the letters and the edges of the shelf with Berry Iridescents. 
 
 
Then I painted Onyx Iridescents on the top for a dramatic effect. 
 
 
Now the shelf is ready to display all kinds of knick knacks.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 

No comments: