Sunday, July 17, 2016

Door Hanger Cat

I'm having a blast with my Proxxon Scroll Saw!! This whimsical door hanger is perfect for the cat lovers in your life.

Here's the pattern mounted on a piece of 1/4" plywood. To apply the pattern to the substrate, I cover the substrate material with painter's tape, spray the reverse side of the pattern with adhesive spray, and adhere the pattern on top of the painter's tape. I made a modification to this pattern—I didn't cut out his eyes. I prefer the look of the silhouette.

To begin, I used my Proxxon Professional Rotary Tool to drill pilot holes for the enclosed areas of his tail.

After I cut the exterior of the pattern, I passed the saw blade through the pilot hole to begin cutting out the interior pattern.

When I completed cutting this portion of the pattern, I again passed the saw blade through the second pilot hole to cut the area between his tail and leg.

The next step was a light sanding with the Proxxon Delta Sander. I used Sandits for the tiniest spaces.



I put small finishing nails through the top paws to act as hangers. A coat of paint finished this black cat door hanger.
Carole

No comments: