Friday, August 12, 2016

A Thrift Chair Makeover

Hi folks! I wanted to show you a chair that I had picked up at a yard sale that was transformed with the use of my Proxxon sanders and some of Plaids new Milk Paint!

Items used in this project:

Proxxon Delta Sander OZI/E
Proxxon Belt Sander BS/E
Plaid Milk Paint 38916 Lexington Blue
Plaid Milk Paint Brushes
Tack cloth


I started out with this very sad looking chair:
Here's another shot:
Here's a shot of the paint jar on the seat of the chair:
It only took about half the jar to paint the chair.
I started by sanding the chair with both the Delta Sander and the Proxxon Belt Sander. This was mostly to knock off the peeling varnish and the dirty spots on the chair. Once that part was finished I just wiped the chair down with the tack cloth and got started painting. One thing that is very nice about the Milk Paint is that it goes on smooth with the Plaid Brushes.

 I used the Plaid Milk Paint in Lexington Blue as that was one of the paint colors that Plaid was kind enough to give us to try out.

Here are a couple of pics of the process of painting:
And here is the finished project:
The color is beautiful, the paint goes on smooth and the chair looks 100% better in my opinion! Next project will be using some of the New Plaid Dyes on a gourd! I hope you like the way the paint looked, as there are several colors. The Proxxon Sanders made short work of taking care of sanding the chair down and reaching into those hard to reach places. Check out the tools on the Proxxon Tools Website.

Barbara




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that denim color... I have had it on my list of new nail colors for fall!

Barbara Moore said...

Haha! Yes but it really does look good on the chair. Check out the Plaid page.