Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Boo Decor

Hello friends, Larissa here with you today. With all the holidays coming up I have decided to begin my DIY decor. Today I took three wooden blocks I previously had cut to make a Boo decor piece.

Using the Delta Sander  I sanded the edges smooth. 


Using a Gel Medium I painted on a thin coat on the block. 


I pre-cut 3 pieces of Halloween theme pattern paper and laid them on top of each block while the Gel Medium was still wet. I did the blocks one at a time since the Gel Medium needs to remain wet.

Once all three blocks were finished and dried and all the bubbles were out I took some black paint and paint the letters on each to spell the word BOO.

You can stack them on top of each other or side by side. I did not have the correct ribbon but I really wanted to wrap them in black tulle or ribbon and tie a bow at the top. Who knows I may end of doing it before it sits on my table for the season. :) 

Hope you enjoyed my post. Have a wonderful crafty day.

Larissa Pittman 






No comments: