Wednesday, September 7, 2016

End Table to Tween Table Tutorial


Hi everyone! Tammy here with you today with a fun tutorial on how to rescue an old end table and turn it into something your tween will love! We have had this old side table in our family for years and it is something I could never get rid of. Every few years, I refinish it into something fun for my daughter's room. This year she is a tweenager, so it had to be a fun and unique design for sure! I think I nailed it, what do you think??

Supplies I used:
Proxxon Delta Sander
Plaid Milk Paint
Plaid Ultra Dye
Plaid Milk Paint brushes
Plaid Ultra Dye brushes
Plaid Ultra Dye Varnish
Chalkboard paint
Plastic gems
Glue Dots Advanced Strength

Directions:
I started with a piece of furniture that has sentimental value. I chose this little table my dad made in wood shop when her was a teenager.



Use a Proxxon Delta Sander to remove any old paint and varnish from the table.


Stain with Plaid Ultra Dye stain in your choice of color. I used Raspberry Beret.


I used Plaid Milk Paint in Cottage Green and Plaid Chalkboard paint to add visual interest by color blocking the different areas of the table.


I used Glue Dots to add some plastic gems for decoration. I used many different colors and shapes for additional interest.



I also added gems to highlight the hand cut features of the piece.


I love how the table turned out! I know my daughter will love it because it matches the new bedding she picked out for her room remodel. I think this table rescue worked out great!






















Let's be friends!

No comments: