Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Smooth Foam Cross

 Hello friends. Larissa here with you today. Having a lot of medical issues lately on my mind brought this project to life.
I wanted to cut a cross out of wood. Our weather has been full of thunderstorms the last few days so instead of cutting wood I decided to try a piece of smooth foam.

Supplies you will need: 
What did I do: 


I started out drawing a cross on a piece of 12x12x5/8 piece of Smooth Foam and cutting it out using the Proxxon Thermocut Hot Wire Cutter. 


I smoothed the edges of the smooth foam.
 

I added a thin coat of Modeling Paste to the top of the cross to make it look like rough stone.


Once the Modeling Paste dried I added a thin coat of Milk Paint. 
Once the Modeling Paste dried I added a thin coat of Milk Paint. I added a little Milk Paint to the Modeling Paste and mixed it together. 


Once the Modeling Paste dried I added a thin coat of Milk Paint. I added a little Milk Paint to the Modeling Paste and mixed it together. Like icing a cake I spread out the colored modeling paste on the top of the Milk Paint. 


Once it was completely dry I added the word Believe to the cross with a little liquid glue. 


I hope you enjoyed my post today. Have a wonderful day friends.
Larissa Pittman 

No comments: