Sunday, November 20, 2016

Tea Light Holder

With Christmas just a few short weeks away, I'm beginning to think about holiday decorations. One of my favorite things is arranging beautiful table settings for our Christmas dinner. This year I created these tea light holders to grace each place setting.

For this project I used:

I began by printing the pattern and adhering it to the MDF using painter's tape and spray adhesive.  I covered the surface of the MDF with painter's tape. Next, I sprayed the back of the pattern with spray adhesive, and put that on top of the painter's tape. The spray adhesive holds the pattern in place, and the painter's tape makes removing it a breeze.

Next step was to cut out the two pieces using my Proxxon scroll saw.

It cut so smoothly no sanding was required, so I moved right on to painting each piece. So I could paint all the surfaces at one time, I pushed a heavy corsage pin into the notch on each piece. I used the pin to hold the piece while I was painting it, and I clamped the pins to suspend the pieces while they were drying.


After painting, I used soft cloth to gently buff on Folk Art Milk Paint Finishing Oil.

I'm looking forward to using these tea light holders to brighten my holiday table.


You can find the pattern for this tea light holder on the Scrollsaw Workshop website.

Carole

No comments: