Friday, December 2, 2016

Christmas Wall Hanging

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a Christmas Wall Hanging.  Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it's time to start thinking about Christmas.


I started with a sheet of plywood that I cut with the Scroll Saw.  After some light sanding with the Delta Sander, I stained the panel with Folkart Ultra Dye Paint in Emerald City.  Of course it needed some additional sanding so I used the Delta Sander again to sand it down.

 
I dry painted some Plaid Milk Paint in Petticoat across the panel.  Next, I used the Precision Rotary Tool to create holes in the panel so I could add string.  Then I used modeling paste with a Clearsnap Artscreen  to create a pattern of swirls on the panel.


I painted Paverpol on a burlap strip then used additional Paverpol to adhere the burlap strip to the panel. 
 

In the corners I used the Crafter's Workshop stencil with molding paste, then continued adding assorted elements - die cuts, flowers, resin bits, additional stenciling, etc, until I was happy with the panel. 


I then painted a layer of gesso over the entire panel, leaving some of the green background showing.


Once dry, I added selective colors about the panel using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Plaid Milk Paints and Prima Metallique Paints.

 
I decided I did not like the "Past Present Future" in the center of the panel, so I used the Delta Sander to remove the words.  I replaced them with a stamped and die cut phrase.

 
Finally, I added a second layer of reindeers and Christmas stocking die cuts.  To the stockings, I added some white paint.   I created a clay element from Makin's Clay using a Prima mold, painted it with Prima Metallique Gold, then placed it under the pointsettias.  I also created a clay wreath, placing it on the hearth above the stockings.  A red pearl was added to the lead reindeer.
 

A touch of gold painted around the panel added some vibrancy to the panel.

Why not try using a wood panel today.  It's the perfect blank canvas that can be use for so many projects.

Thanks for stopping by.



 

 

 

No comments: