Friday, January 20, 2017

#Love Mixed Media Canvas

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a mixed media canvas.

 
I began by gluing tissue paper to an 8" x 8" canvas, allowing lots of wrinkles to show.

 
Once the canvas was dry, I sprayed several colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists about the canvas.  While drying, I used the Hot Wire Cutter to cut a heart from Smoothfoam.  The Hot Wire Cutter cuts Smoothfoam like butter - smoothly and easily.
 
 
Next, I used the Proxxon Precision Rotary Tool on a large metal embellishment.  I used the small round sanding bit to scuff up the embellishment. 
 
 
I then used the tiny ball sanding bit to get into the crevices. 

 
I painted the heart and stamped #love about the heart and added some  metal embellishments on top. 
 
 
I painted the metal embellishment and it nestled perfectly above the heart.
 
 
I added stickers about the canvas,  Then I randomly stamped #love in black ink and tiny hearts in pink ink.


Now you are ready to hang your canvas.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 




1 comment:

LeeAnn McKinney said...

This is awesome, thanks for the inspiration.