Adding Inspiration to Your Mixed Media Artwork
Using sweet little inspirational words in your mixed media artwork always brings a smile to those who see it! Here I used the Proxxon Bench Drill Press to create the holes on either side of the wooden inspirational wooden plaques. Details and supply list below.
Mixed media canvas (I did 2 at the same time ~ 12 x 4)
Wooden inspirational words
Weld Bond Glue
1) Start by using the acrylic colors and apply paints randomly with the brush filling in all the spaces on the canvas.
2) Using the stencils lay them down on the canvas and spray the inks through them to create a fun whimsical background
3) I then drew a dragonfly onto the canvas
4) Using the white acrylic paint cover over outside of the drawn dragonfly.
5) Using the Proxxon Bench drill press, drill small holes on either side of the wooden word being careful to avoid the lettering.
6) I used 2 copper brads for either side where the holes are and put the brads through the holes and spread out the tabs on the back side.
7) Using Weld Bond glue I then attached the wooden plaques onto the canvas in the middle of the dragonfly's tail. I applied a weight onto the plaque as well to make sure of a good seal.
You can add some finishing touches with gel pen doodles
You now have completed an inspirational mixed media piece which was easy and carefree to create!