Friday, February 17, 2017

Keep Calm and Garden Wood Sign

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here with a sign that screams of spring.  We have had our fill of snow so it's time to think spring with sunshine and flowers.

I began by sanding a wood sign with the Delta Sander.

 
Next I painted the sign with Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dye in Infra Red.  This dye brushes on so smoothly and easily.


Once dry, I sanded it again to get a more rustic look.
 
 
Next, I created a vase from a paper towel tube using Transparent Paverpol.  Once dry, I painted it with Plaid Folk Art Milk Paint in Jamestown Blue.
 
 
Next, I used the Delta Jigsaw to cut and clean up the edges of the "vase".
 
 
Finally, I added some May Arts ribbon to the top and bottom of the "vase" and adhered it to the sign.
 
 
I created words from left over chipboard letters then randomly stamped flowers from the Joy Clair Stamp set, Paisley Bouquet,  around the sign. 
 
 
A butterfly, created from Rinea Foils, was added atop the vase.  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists were sprayed over the sign to add a little shimmer as the finishing touch.

 
There is nothing better than seeing the flowers bloom after a long, cold winter.  And this sign is sure to remind me that spring is not far away.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

No comments: