Friday, February 10, 2017

Valentine's Day Gift made with the help of Proxxon Tools

I find that my Proxxon Tools are becoming the only tools I use other than my wood burners when I'm working on gourds. Today I want to show you a Valentine's gourd that I made. Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner (like next week) I thought I would show you one last Valentine gourd. This gourd can be used year 'round though.

Supplies Needed:

Proxxon Jigsaw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Proxxon Rotary Tool
Wood burner of choice
Red Ink
Brushes
Gold Acrylic Paint
Black acrylic paint
Piece of soft cloth to apply ink with
Q-tips
Alcohol Ink (Honeycomb)
Gold Metallic Mixative

Here's what the gourd looked like after it was cleaned on the outside. I drew a circle around the top, made a starter hole for the saw blade to be inserted into and cut a hole around the top.
This is what it looked like after the top was cut out. Pretty thick isn't it? That's gourd dust on the outside of the gourd and that's the insides of this gourd. Once I had the insides cleaned out, I painted the inside of the gourd with black acrylic paint and let that dry over night. I then put my pattern on my gourd and wood burned it. Once it was wood burned, I cleaned it and painted the celtic heart with red alcohol ink.
I then used my rotary tool and a round burr and stippled the inside of the heart. Once that was done, I painted the stippling with gold acrylic paint and used honeycomb alcohol ink to color the gourd and made a gold sheen over it with the gold mixative.
This is the finished result and in my opinion it would work well for year 'round but especially at Valentines! How do you like it? I have to say my Proxxon Tools are wonderful to work with and you should try them too.

Barbara



4 comments:

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Barbara,
That is beautiful carving to celebrate Valentine's Day or really any day!
Nice tutorial too.
Scarlett

Cindy said...

Thank you Scarlett! I really appreciate your input.

Unknown said...

I love it! Looks like a wonderful vase for me ��

Cindy said...

Thanks Whitley!