Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I Love You A Latte

Hello friends. Larissa here with you today. There is something about chalkboard signs that I love. Then you throw in a verse on Coffee and it makes it even better. Today I cut a piece of wood for a chalkboard sign for my coffee bar.

I used:
Proxxon Tools Scroll Saw DSH/E 
A scrap piece of plywood
Chalkboard Paint
Various Colors of Acrylic paint
Paint Brushes

I used the Scroll Saw to cut a circle type edge on the corners of the piece of plywood. I did not draw it out I just eyeballed it. Which you will see my eyes must have been off a little. :) 


I painted 2 coats of black chalk paint on the wood. 


I let it dry completely which actually took about 20 to 30 minutes. I then did the lettering and finished off with painting the coffee cups. 


I let it dry completely a few hours and then added it to my coffee bar. 


Let me tell you. This was so easy and I am really loving this Scroll Saw. I did use paint on this board but you could very well use chalk pens and change the saying on it regularly.

I hope you enjoyed my post today.
Have a wonderful day friends.

Larissa Pittman Muffins and Lace 









No comments: