Re-Purposed Furniture With Proxxon Tools
I love re purposing vintage furniture using chalk paint and Proxxon Tools! I had inherited a Duncan Fyfe Dining room set from my grandmother and for the past 8 years it has been in storage waiting to be renewed! Recently I decided to open up a store and give new life to this vintage set but painting it white, sanding to give it a distressed look using Proxxon Delta Sander OZI/E and painting with Ivory chalk paint.
Furniture piece of your choice
Proxxon Delta Sander OZI/E
Medium grit sandpaper
Chalk paint ( I used Ivory color)
Clear Chalk paint wax
1) Begin with a clean surface on your furniture and begin applying the chalk paint evenly.
2) When dried apply a 2nd coat
3) Using the sander , attach the sand paper to the "shoe" or pad of the tool. I love the fact that velcro helps to keep the sandpaper in place!
4) Begin sanding just to highlight areas to show some age or to "distress" and do it fairly randomly.
5) When done sanding, wipe down with a clean cloth.
6) Apply the clear wax in a circular motion and let dry.
7) Come back in with a dry cloth and buff the piece.
Thats really all there is get this wonderful vintage look and to give this lovely piece a new lease on life!!