Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Save the Mermaids

Hello friends. Larissa here with you today with a handmade wall decor piece Save the Mermaids.
I made this for my daughter since she loves mermaid things.

I took a piece of plywood and drew a mermaid tale on it with a pencil.  I then cut it out using my scroll-saw. Once I was done I sanded the edges so they would not be rough.


I then painted the tale using Plaid paint. I used a couple of different colors to give it a two-toned look.

I let the paint completely dry. 
Once dry I took a small paint brush and wrote the words out using black paint. 


I added a few silver stars around the tale. 


Acrylic Paint Black, Aqua and Turquoise 

Plywood
Paint Brushes
Silver Stars
Liquid Adhesive 

I hope you enjoyed my post today, Have a wonderful day friends.

Larissa Pittman 




No comments: