Friday, July 21, 2017

Anchor's Away

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today.  Having just returned from a cruise, I wanted to create something that was cruise inspired!


I began by drawing an anchor on a sheet of plywood.  Then I cut it out using the Scroll Saw.  I first cut off the excess plywood.


Next, I began carefully cutting around the anchor.  Love how easy the Scroll Saw cuts even the rounded areas.  I just need to practice to get those finer edges!
 




For some trickier areas, I used the Jig Saw to help improve my cuts.



Since my cuts were a little rough, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the rough edges.



Next, I painted the anchor with Plaid Coastal Paint in Plaid Coastal Paint in Sand Dollar and High TIde.   


I added a third layer with Seal Grey and while still wet, I gently removed some of the paint to give the anchor an aged appearance.



Nest, I used a Plaid Stencil and the Sand Dollar Coastal Paint to add designs about the anchor.



Once dry, I wrapped twine around the anchor and added some gauze.



To finish, I created an assortment of clay elements using Makin's Clay and the Sea Shell Push Mold and adhered them about the anchor.  Finally I sprayed several colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to add a little shimmer.
 


I'm longing for another cruise.

Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute piece , great for beach themes too. Thanks for sharing.

Misty said...

IK love this project am sorry it took awhile to get here. I did post on DT must have overlooked this pg. So sorry Steph. It is perfect for the season and for people living by the water. or boating folks. Well done