Friday, August 4, 2017

Stencilled Home Sign

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today.  I'd like to share how I created this decorative sign that I wanted to give as a house warming gift. 


 
I've had this sign in my stash for awhile and knew this was the right time to use it.  I began by lightly sanding it with the Delta Sander.


Next, I painted the sign with Plaid Coastal Paint in High Tide.  Since it was a little too bright, I added in touches of Plaid Coastal Paint in Sand Dollar and blended the colors together.

 
Next, I used a Plaid Stencil and Plaid Coastal Paint in Seal Grey.  Once dry, I re-sanded the sign.


 
I knew I wanted to place wood letters spelling HOME, however, I could only find a "Q".  So I pulled out my Jig Saw and cut off the little piece, turning the "Q" into an "O".  This Jig Saw is light weight and easily cut off that little piece.
 


 
 
Using another  Plaid Stencil, I added the flowers with FolkArt Acrylic Paint in School Bus Yellow, layering over the first stencil.


 
I painted the wood letters with Folk Art Color Shift Paint in Pink Flash, such a gorgeous color.
 
 

I'd love to know what you think of my sign.

Thanks for stopping by today.




2 comments:

Carol Wulf said...

That turned out really pretty. Nice work!!

Misty said...

I really like this sign the cheerfulness of it is so welcoming. Great work.