Friday, September 15, 2017

Stencilled Fall Platter

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today working with my Proxxon Tools and Plaid Paints and stencils to create a fun Fall Platter.

The air is cooler.  The days are shorter.  It's officially Fall and time to get ready for the season.


I thought I'd create a Fall Platter that could be used for a variety of purposes from holding holiday decorations.


Perhaps even to hold seasonal fruits and veggies.


I began by sanding the platter with the Delta Sander, definitely my go-too tool for all my projects.


Next, I used the Pen Sander to sand the edges.  This tool is perfect for all those little areas you need to sand.


Once sanded, I began by painting the platter with Folk Art Milk Paint in Tavern Ale.


Next, I painted the bottom of the platter with Folk Art Milk Paint in Absinthe.


I decorated the platter with a Folk Art Stencil.  Using a foam brush, I mixed  Folk Art Brushed Metal Acrylic Paints in  Brushed Copper and Brushed Gold and Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paint in Red Flash and Green Flash.    These colors are truly vibrant and showcase the colors of the season.

Once dry, I painted on a layer of Milk Paint Finishing Oil and allowed it to dry.


I love how this platter turned out and see lots of ways to use it this season.

Thanks for stopping by.








1 comment:

Misty said...

Steph, Love this platter and the arrangement of the items you have crafted. From start to finish you have done a great job. Also love the idea that it can be used for more than one season or many uses. Good thinking and planning went into this project. Hats Off.