Saturday, February 10, 2018

A Valentine Door Decoration!

I really enjoyed making this piece for the blog this time ( shhh, I really enjoy making all of them ). I enjoy turning myself loose so to speak with my tools and my imagination. lol In this instance all worked out well. I also got to use a few of my favorite, go to Proxxon Tiny Tools !

Let's jump right into this one!



The Supplies Needed For This Project Are:

Proxxon Jig Saw
Proxxon Belt Sander
Proxxon Drill
Assorted Plaid Paints
Paint Brushes
Gesso or Kilz (I used Kilz because of the size of the piece)
A couple of cups of water to wash your brushes in
Plaid Acrylic Sealer
2 X 4 piece of birch wood (just my preference)
Ribbon or Cording for the hanger
Painters tape

These are the Plaid paints and sealer that I used all except one, I did use the New Plaid  Color Shift paint in Red.
I free hand drew a funky heart out onto my board. And put it up on some sawhorses in the sunshine we had a few days ago. 
It was still a little chilly but my Proxxon Transformer and Jig Saw did and awesome job of cutting everything out! 
I used my trusty hand held Proxxon Belt Sander to smooth out any rough edges. 

I set the heart on a trash basket in my playroom to paint it with the Kilz. Plus a trash bag on the floor for drips!
I am only so good at painting lines freehand and so I taped off the outside edge of the heart to get the black paint on it. 
I took care of the dots on the black and then filled in the center of the heart with red and pink Plaid paint. I then set myself free with decorating the rest of the piece with Plaid paint including the New Color Shift Plaid paint!
Once I had finished the heart, I used my Proxxon Drill with the accompanying flex shaft to drill a hole to put the cord through that I used to hang it with.
Sweeeeet! I love how it turned out! And once this picture was taken I used the Plaid Acrylic Sealer to finish it off. Now I'll be able to put it on my front door every year. Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope that you've taken the time to go to www.proxxon.com to check out all of these awesome tools and also to  www.plaidonline.com to see all of the paints and art supplies that they have.

Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought of this Valentine project!

Barbara


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love ❤ it! Can we share it between our homes?

vicki said...

Wow! I like it!

Misty said...

Very Neat Idea! Love the way you use the
display for the project and the project
is really well done and pretty.
Nice work Barbara.

Carol Wulf said...

I love the funky tail on your heart. Really gives it character. The design is pretty and very well done. Good work.

Unknown said...

What a fun and happy design and paint job.

Nell said...

I really like the way you painted the heart. Great project