Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with a new Valentine's Day project using the Hotwire Cutter, Smoothfoam foam balls and Sheets and Plaid Paints.


I drew assorted sized hearts on a sheet of Smoothfoam.


Following the lines, I cut around the hearts.




Next, I painted heart with Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paint in Red Flash.


I placed assorted chipboard pieces on the heart, then gessoed everything.


Then I painted the heart with Folk Art Brushed Metal Acrylic Paint in Black.  I cut a Smoothfoam ball in half to create a stand for my heart.


Once dry, I dabbed Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paint in Red Flash.  I love the marbleized effect.




Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

Misty said...

Steph very unique and good timing for valentines,
I see our minds were running in the same directions.
Good work with your foam cutter.
I have never tried foam and cannot
imagine how you do so much with it.
Thanks for sharing.

Carol Wulf said...

What a creative idea. Looks like the hot wire cutter would be a lot of fun to use and I personally like steam punk, glad to see it catch on. Nice job

Cindy said...

That's a very cool looking heart Steph! You always have such clever decor ideas that are easy to put together. I like it.

Unknown said...

Ohh a fun piece would make a great centerpiece on a mixed media canvas