Friday, February 9, 2018

How to make a large Original Heart Pin

How to make a original Large Heart Pin



If you have been following jewelry the new trend is for large pieces.
I wanted to do something original and wondering what I was going to do 
that could fill that order. I managed to come up with this pin.
Never saw one like it. Will make a few more for friends. 

Tools

Proxxon Mini Scroll Saw 

Proxxon OZI/E Detail Mini Sander 


Supplies

Small piece of thin wood

Jewelry Wire

Jewelry  Pin fastener

Bead or choice of decorations for wire.

Textured Paint 

Glitter  (optional)

Plaid Folk Art Paint Cardinal red # 414



I started by cutting out the hearts. 
Using the Proxxon Mini Scroll Saw made the cutting of the tiny hearts a snap.  


After cutting out the three hearts, I used the Proxxon OZI/E  detail Sander to smooth out the sides, front, and back of the hearts. 


Next I painted the hearts with Plaid Cardinal Red #414.






Next I drilled very small hole in the first small heart, dabbed a tiny bit of glue on the wire and inserted it into the hole.  Added two stars then added the second little heart.


Glued the entire piece with Gorilla wood glue
And also glued the fastener to the back.

Added some textured paint and made dots around the hearts. A little bit of iridescent glitter and the project is now completed.



I saw so many possibilities for this item. Secure a chain for a neckless,

Decorate a Valentine Gift box, Or just include it in a card.

Add lettering and let your imagination go wild.

As Always my sincere thanks to all who make this blog possible.

Proxxon Mini Tools

Plaid Folk Art Paints

Terri Sproul our POC for all of these companies and our support in all our endeavors 

Last but far from least YOU, the reason we are here is because of your support and visits.


Thank you 






8 comments:

Insane Artist said...

Cute, I loved it. Well done.

Carol Wulf said...

Great looking pin. I think it adds a lot of bling to a plain sweater and is perfect for Valentines day. This would be a nice surprise for anyone receiving it. Clear instructions. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

great idea and will really do good for Valentines day bj

charlotte fletcher@roma land woodcrafts said...

What a fun piece!

Cindy said...

Nice pin! I really do love brooches and I think others would love to make this one.

Nell said...

Great idea, and fun project. Very cute !

Misty said...

Thanks ladies for your visit, appreciate you.

Unknown said...

Ohh Misty I love this. I think I need a few of these cut . What great RAK pins these will make.