Friday, December 9, 2016

Christmas/Winter Pins/Brooches made from Gourds?

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Season. If you wear Christmas/Winter Pins/Brooches, I would like to show you some that I created and let you know how easy it is to make them.

The items needed for this project are:

Proxxon Jig Saw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Gourd Scraps/Wood Scraps
Acrylic Paints
Black Marker
Embossing Enamel
Pin Backs
Embellishments
Spray Sealer

This really is an easy project to do. I used gourd scraps but you could just as easily use some light weight 1/4 in. wood.
I however used gourd scraps and my trusty Proxxon Jig Saw to cut 2 circles and an ornament shape. If you look close, you can see the circle. Once the shapes were cut out, I used my Proxxon Delta Sander to smooth the back and sides of the pieces and then used my paint to cover the front, side and back of the pieces. I then used my embossing enamel to cover the front and sides of the pieces. When they cooled off, I used my markers and paint to finish my designs and spray sealed them. Once dry, I glued the backs on and also the little embellishments. This is the result:
I plan on wearing everyone of them at one time or another during the Christmas Season and also during the Winter. They didn't take very long to make but they sure are cute!

Barbara


No comments: