Supplies and Equipment
- 9" x 9" x ¾" MDF or Baltic birch plywood
- 8" x 8" sheet of patterned paper
- Jewelry chain, ribbon, leather cording, etc. for attaching the feet
- Pattern for Country Chic Sheep
- FolkArt Outdoor acrylic paint
- Water based liquid adhesive
- Small picture hanger
- Proxxon Disc Sander TSG 250/E
- Proxxon Scroll Saw DS 460
- Proxxon Delta Sander OZI/E
- Bench Drill Press TBM 115
- Cover one side of the blank with painter's tape. Mist the back side of the pattern with spray adhesive, and mount on the taped blank. The painter's tape made removal of the pattern easy without leaving any sticky residue.
- Mount the pattern on the blank.
- Cut the shapes using the scroll saw. Note: The face piece can be cut from ¼" MDF or plywood.
- Sand edges on the disc sander.
- Complete detail sanding with the Delta sander.
- Use the bench drill press to drill the holes on the body and each foot. Position the adjustable fence to ensure accurate and consistent placement.
- Paint the pieces with FolkArt Outdoor acrylic paint.
- Attach a hanger to the back side of the body.
- Cut the body pattern from patterned paper, and adhere to the body with liquid adhesive.
- Glue the face piece to the body piece.
- Optionally, add bead or rhinestone eyes and flower bow.
- Using jewelry chain, ribbon, or leather cording attach feet to body.