Sunday, March 19, 2023

Proxxon Tools and 3D Printing Come Together

I recently added 3D printing to my list of crafts. Happily, I've discovered that my Proxxon MICROMOT tools are ideal for post processing touch-ups. Here are some examples of how I use Proxxon tools for my 3D post processing.


Here you can see a minor surface imperfection on this vase.


I used a small sanding drum to gently erase that little errant blob. 


I use the sanding drums paired with the Flexishaft 110/P and Professional Rotary Tool IBS/E


To make this combination ever more user-friendly, I use the Footswitch FS for easy on/off operation which frees my hands.


On this display egg I used the engraver tool with a milling bit to smooth the open edge.


The engraver tool has a wide selection of  engraving, milling, and drilling bits. Here I used a micro drill bit. 


I also use the Microflam soldering burner to set hinge pins on small boxes and cosplay glasses.

Setting hinge pin on tiny box

Setting pin on cosplay glasses

I'm sure as my 3D printing adventure continues, I will find other uses for my Proxxon tools.

Carole

No comments: