Friday, June 16, 2017

4th of July Decorations

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with some 4th of July Decorations.  With summer here and the 4th of July getting closer, it's time to start thinking of party decorations.   



I found these adorable party hats and thought they'd make a fun summer banner.


I used the Proxxon Rotary Tool to drill holes in each hat.  Then I  threaded Whiskers Graphics twine through each hole and tied them together creating the banner.


I die cut SUMMER from Rinea Silver/Silver Glossy Foiled Paperthen matted each letter with cardstock.  Finally, I adhered each letter to a hat. 



Because I wanted a dual use for the banner, I used the Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter to cut ovals from Smoothfoam to fit inside each hat.


I glued the Smoothfoam ovals inside each hat.  Then I placed a battery operated candle in each hat and surrounded it with some raffia.


Once it gets dark, all you need do is take down the banner and turn on the candles.



Thanks for stopping by today.




No comments: