Friday, November 24, 2017

A Christmas Nativity made with the help of Proxxon Tools

Yes the Christmas Season is now officially here, we all made it through Thanksgiving and all of the food that comes with it. I would like to show you how I made a wonderful Nativity with the help of some of my trusty Proxxon Tools.



Supplies needed for this project:

Proxxon Jig Saw
Proxxon Sander
1 Medium Martin Gourd with a thick neck
pencil and eraser
Small nativity scene
light with cord
small piece of lightweight wood cut into a round piece.
 Acrylic paint
glue
straw
glitter and glitter paint
sealer



To begin this project I drew the portions that needed to be cut out unto the gourd. I then cut them out with the Proxxon Jig Saw. I sanded any areas that might need it with my Proxxon Delta Sander. Then I got down to the business of turning this gourd into a Nativity! I taped off the bottom of the gourd and painted the upper portion of it with a Prussian Blue acrylic paint and finished off the inside with glitter, glitter and more gold glitter! I then drilled the hole for the light and also put up a small barrier in front of the light to block too much light from shining out into someones face. I glued the round wooden piece to the inside of the gourd. I painted the round piece a tan color. Make sure that you seal and then seal again, the inside and outside of the gourd. Once that is done you can safely put your straw down with some glue and the nativity also.

I know the pictures aren't going to do this piece justice because it is just beautiful. Once everything was glued in place with E6000 glue I let it dry and then put down some straw and the nativity scene.

Isn't this so pretty? I'm in love with it.
Here's how it looks with the lights out. This piece is just very special and is going to be loved
You really owe it to yourself to check out all of the wonderful tools that Proxxon Tools has to offer for you to use on your projects.

www.proxxon.com
Barbara


6 comments:

Unknown said...

It IS very beautiful!

Misty said...

Very nice. I have done these with several
different inserts. Not only lovely to see,
I love making them as well.
I have not used a plug in on these but a good idea.
Very nice work.

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Love it. Such talent!

Carol Wulf said...

This is really pretty. I love the light reflecting on the manger scene. Nice work.

Cindy said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! You would not believe how awesome that light is with the gold glitter inside the gourd, just gorgeous.