Friday, November 10, 2017

A Wooden Tree made with Proxxon Tools

Since I have acquired so many Proxxon Tools to make my project making easier, I have branched out in my woodworking. Take a look at this Christmas tree:


Supplies used in this project:

Proxxon Table Saw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Proxxon Drill
Plaid Ultra Dye
Plaid Folk Art Stain- 2802 Oak
Wood for the tree
Screws
Sponge brush
rags

 I started out by gathering pieces of 1x4 and laid them out and marked the cutting lines. You have to look close to see the pencil lines on each side.
I then cut out my boards using my Proxxon Table Saw.
I then laid them out on the garage floor to see how they looked and if I had cut them right. Then I used my Proxxon Delta Sander to sand out any rough spots.


I had a piece of 1x2 that I cut down to fit the tree and set it aside.
I used the Plaid Ultra Dye-Emerald to color the boards on the tree part.
I thought the color just looked luscious after it was applied and dried. I used a brush to put it on and then used a rag to wipe any extra off. One of my dogs (Buddy) came out in the garage to check things out and got into the picture.

While the dye was drying on the body of the tree, I made a base for the tree and inserted the backer stick to it and used this Plaid Stain-Oak which was water based to stain it.
After everything was dry I used screws and my Proxxon Drill to attach the main body of boards to the stand.
Didn't this tree just turn out awesome? I haven't decided as to how I'm going to use it or embellish it yet and I thought I would leave that part up to your own imagination.
It may be a little difficult to see but the tree is approximately two and one half feet high. I've really been leaning toward cutting out "Merry Christmas" in vinyl letters to put across the front and setting it in my foyer during the Christmas Season. What are your thoughts? I appreciate any and all comments left here and I can promise you that I read each one. I hope that you have all checked out Proxxon Tool website and maybe even bought yourself a tool or two. Remember Christmas is coming up and you can always put one or two tools on your Christmas Wish list.

Barbara


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking Merry Christmas in vinyl or calligraphy. Looks great!

Unknown said...

Yes the lettering will dress it up nicely!

vicki said...

Nice!

Carol Wulf said...

Nice job! I guess this means Christmas is coming. Looks great and also I think it would be fun to make and decorate.

Misty said...

That is a good one Barbara like it a lot.
Good Job.