Saturday, January 26, 2019

Proxxon Tools help make the best Valentine Decorations!







Well it occurred to me the other day that it's really not that far until Valentine's Day. I thought I would just put something together for the occasion. 

Supplies Needed for this Project:

Plaid Paints : Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint, White Adirondack
Plaid Paint : Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint, Imperial
Sandpaper
Paint brushes
Birch Plywood
Red Twine
Black Brush Tip Marker
Vinyl 
Cardstock
Pencil


To begin with you need to cut your wood down to size. I used my Proxxon Table Saw to accomplish the task. Just like cutting butter! This wood was a piece that I had left over from doing the chalkboard on the last post. The piece was 12 3/4" H x 13 1/2" W and I cut it down to 12" H x 10" W.



The Proxxon Delta Sander has got to be the handiest sander that I have.



I used it to sand all of the edges of the board that I was using. It made all of the edges very smooth and I also used it to take off any marks that were on the wood, such as pencil marks, and scuff marks. Once that was completed I took the time to draw three hearts onto the cardstock and cut them out. I used them for patterns and traced them onto some vinyl that I had and then cut them out of the vinyl. Next step was to paint the board both front and back with the Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint - White Adirondack next was to take the backing off of the vinyl hearts and eyeball where you want to place them on the board. After that was finished you need to paint the board with the Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint - Imperial. I used a piece of sandpaper and distressed the board by hand and then pulled off the vinyl hearts, which left white hearts showing through the red. Take your twine and wrap it around the board a few times and then tie a bow in the ends. Use your brush tip marker to write the word Love very small in the bottom heart. 



There you have it! A very shabby chic piece of Valentine's Day decor. Now I placed mine in this holder but you could easily put a hanger on the back and hang it on the wall. This piece was fairly easy to make and I would recommend anyone with the proper Proxxon Tools!

If you got any money for Christmas you might want to invest in some Proxxon Tools!

Barbara

2 comments:

Carol Wulf said...

Nice job, Looks like a fun afternoon project.

liza said...


You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
Thanks you for sharing!
visit our website