Sunday, October 4, 2020

Proxxon Tools Great for Repairs and Fixes

I have a favorite spatula, but unfortunately, the handle split, making it useless. After a coupe unsuccessful attempts at gluing, I decided on a more permanent solution—Proxxon tools to the rescue.

Supplies and Equipment

Instructions

  1. After I removed the silicone spatula head, the handle fell apart in three pieces.
  2. I labeled the pieces to be sure they fit together correctly for the repair.

  3. Using the Delta sander, I sanded away the remnants of old glue leaving fresh wood.
  4. Next, I glued the piece back together in the correct order.

  5. With the pieces clamped in place, I set the handle aside to dry.

  6. I positioned the handle in the machine vice and drilled three equally distanced holes for the dowel pieces.

  7. Then, I glued the dowels in the holes, and again waited for the glue to dry.

  8. I sanded the dowels down, smooth with the handle, with the Delta sander.
  9. Ta da!! Repaired and good as new!!


Carole

No comments: