Thursday, October 15, 2020

Building A Tiny House - Part 1




  Hi friends!  I've been working on making some miniature houses and barns that eventually I'll be selling. Today I'll show you Part 1 of making my tiny two story house using Proxxon tools.



Materials List

  • Proxxon Micro-Bandsaw
  • Proxxon 2 Speed scroll saw
  • Proxxon Delta sander
  • 1/2" birch sanded plywood
  • Wood corner molding 
  • Craft sticks  various sizes
  • Wooden windows  
  • Wood glue
  • Brad nailer and brads
  • Drill and drill bit
  • Paint     


I drew out my pattern pieces on graf paper and transferred them to my plywood


Using the Proxxon Micro-bandsaw I cut out the two sides, a front and a back.



I now have to cut out the windows. In order to cut them I drilled a hole in each window big enough to pass the blade of the Proxxon Scroll Saw through. Bringing the saw blade though the hole then reattaching it to the saw. Cut out the windows and door using the Proxxon scroll saw.  I tried one of the window panes in to make sure they fit.



Fit the sides, back and front together. Glue and nail in place with the brad nailer.




The tiny window panes were made from 1/16" craft wood. They were made with a laser burner. I fit the windows in and glued using wood glue.






Once everything was assembled I lightly sanded using the Delta Sander then painted with red spray paint.


Using the Micro bandsaw I cut pieces of corner molding for each of the outside corners and attached with wood glue and brad nails





With the Micro bandsaw I also cut out various pieces of craft sticks to trim out each window and the door.



Check out my next months blog for the completion of my tiny house project :-)





No comments: