Friday, July 28, 2023

"New Sherriff In Town" Bourbon and Cigar Tray

 


"New Sherriff In Town"


Whiskey and Bourbon Tray

By Sherri Welser

With Bourbon and cigars  being all the rage these days I thought it would be fun to create a tray for both and make it a unique "Vintage Style" too. I started with Bourbon barrel staves and left them rough and distressed looking .If you create the glass hole where the bung hole is it is much easier to create the resting place for the glass.






I used the Delta Sander OZI/E and  HSS plunge saw blades to make the indentation in the center for the  bourbon glass 



I then took the same tool and  switched out the head .. added the sandpaper ( love the convivence of  just adhering the pad to the head and it sticks with out any fuss! ( see below)




I used the Belts Sander BS/E to create the shape of the cigar so it can rest on the tray.


  I wanted to add a fun "Western  element " so I added the Sheriffs badge for  the  space under the glass. The cut out shape behind the badge was another fun element as I carved the moon.. So the moon sits behind the star shaped sheriffs badge !
The edges of the corners have an interesting metal tip which I glued in place
The date on there was already stamped on the barrel. I added the fun element  of a Jack Daniels stencil which I used a black paint to created the look of it being stamped on.


I hope you have enjoyed this unique project and have fun with it .. making it your own! Proxxon tools are amazing .. they fit beautifully in your hand and effective at their job while being  user friendly!

No comments: