Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hangers for Doll Clothes

My six year old grand-daughter loves playing with Kit, her American Girl doll. It seems that Kit has as many clothes as I do !! :) And they all need hangers so they will go in Kit's special closet. Perfect project for my Proxxon scroll saw!!

I prepared my pattern as detailed in my business card holder post.

As I was getting the scroll saw set up, my son came into the room, and he had to cut a hanger. Hence the man-hands you see in this pic.

After the hangers were cut, I gave them each a quick sanding using the Proxxon Delta Sander and a fine grit sandpaper. 

I gave each hanger a base coat of acrylic paint. Here they are "hanging" to dry.

When that coat was dry, I added the white polka dots by dipped a pencil eraser in the white paint and stamping onto the hanger. They now live in Kit's armoire, just waiting for clothes.


Carole

2 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

These turned out great.

Barbara Moore said...

These are so cute! Useful too! I know your granddaughter is going to have a lot of fun times with them.