Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Proxxon Design Team~Free Spirit~ Gypsy Style Buffet

~Free Spirit~
Gypsy Style Buffet


I just love Bohemian and Gypsy inspired pieces as I am a total "free spirit" and just the uniqueness that the Gypsy style brings! I am so happy to be a new Design Team member for Proxxon tools as I love creating all types of projects with wood . I was in the middle of redoing this vintage style buffet  when my order arrived from Proxxon. I chose to use the Delta sander to be able to quickly sand down the areas to give it a worn look.


 I just love the Delta sander and was surprised that it was so well made and felt so comfortable in my hand. I used it to sand down the piece around all the edges (using a medium grit sand paper) and the top of the buffet and the drawers. It took no time at all and it was wonderful to sand these areas with such ease! The paint base is chalk paint ( Folk Art)  in the color "Savannah" . It was a blue color previously and I thought it would be fun to have some of that peek through to add more of a "story" to the piece.




  I used a large wall stencil to decorate the top and sides as well as the drawer fronts. I used a plum color acrylic paint. 



I  then decided to add gold acrylic dots to adorn the pattern






 The goal for this piece was to have an antique finish on it and I used an antique wax medium. It made the piece a bit darker but I love the fact it looks like it is an old well loved piece!








Being able to use the Delta sander for part of this project made that tedious part of the task so much easier and faster! I love the way you can easily attach the sandpaper triangles with the velcro base! I was pleasantly surprised at how well the velcro sandpaper triangle held on!! It didn't budge at all while sanding!
 I Hope you all have some fun creating a little Vintage Gypsy piece for yourself!
Happy Creating!!
 You can find a full selction of PROXXON tools here

5 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

Ooh, so pretty.

IndigoEarth said...

Thanks so much Steph!!

Tammy Santana said...

This looks like a fun project!

IndigoEarth said...

Thank you Tammy! It was :)

IndigoEarth said...

Thank you Tammy! It was :)