Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pot Vent

This handy little gadget is a great addition to my kitchen tools. This pot vent is perfect for those times when I need to let off a little steam!!

I started by adhering the pattern to my plywood blank.

I covered the plywood with painter's tape, sprayed the reverse side of the pattern with spray adhesive, then mounted the pattern on the tape-covered wood.



I used my Proxxon Scroll Saw to cut out the pot vents.

Next, was a quick sanding session using my Proxxon Delta Sander. The sanding discs mount on the sander with hook-and-loop backing, so swapping out sanding discs of different grits makes it easy to use. And, the triangle shaped sanding head makes getting into tight spots a breeze.

Since these little duckies are going to be exposed to moisture, I coated them with resin to complete seal the surfaces, and hung them to dry. I inserted a corsage pin into an unobtrusive area so I could coat all the surfaces at one time, and suspend them for drying.

These cute little pan vents are a great addition to any kitchen, and they make an unusual gift.

3 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

Awesome idea! The look great.

Cindy said...

Those are so clever! Thanks for sharing.

Beth Watson said...

Great idea Carole!!