Friday, January 19, 2018

Puppy dog leash holder


How to make a crafty little leash holder for your beloved fur-buddy.

Guess what?   We got a puppy!  Well, she has been with us a couple of months now but seems like she has been a part of this family forever.  Time for her to have a place on the wall.  You would not believe how much stuff she has already collected...   Not spoiled though.....nah....   Jellybean is a Yorkshire Terrier cute little thing.  Behavior wise however, I think she is a Yorkshire terrorist.   But we go to school every week to learn manners and she is learning..... slow but sure.
I want to show you how I made this little wall hanging to keep some of her accoutrements handy.

This is a fun and easy project.   With proxxon tools it is super simple.

Equipment and Supplies:

Proxxon scroll saw
Proxxon OZI/E detail sander
Drill with drill bits..
3 cup hooks
embellishments of your choice
spray adhesive
Plaid paints
spray sealer of your choice.  I used krylon triple thick glossy.

The first thing I did was to draw a pattern of my bone onto the piece of wood..  This was easy enough to just freehand it.     Then I cut it out using the Proxxon scroll saw.   I sanded it smooth using one of my favorite tools, the Proxxon OZI/E detail sander.   I like my edges slightly rounded and this is easy to do with this tool.







Next step:   Personalize it:
My handwriting is not the greatest so I used my computer to design the "Jellybean" I will cut out.  Once I had it how I liked, I printed it onto regular paper.   I used adhesive spray on the back of the paper, waited a few seconds until it got tacky and stuck it on the "bone".  



Then I cut it out using the Proxxon scroll saw.   This is an inside cut so it is necessary to drill some starter holes to slip the blade through.  I drilled the hanger hole at this time also.




Scroll sawing is relaxing to me.  The Proxxon scroll saw has two speeds so it is easy to control at the speed that works best for you.  After the cutting be sure to sand the edges if there are rough spots or splinters.   Using a fine toothed saw blade pretty much eliminates the need to do that because it really cuts clean.  I drilled two holes at the bottom where I will fit some pegs.






I painted the little stars and put the pegs in the holes.   



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol that is so cute and I bet Jelly Bean loves it bj

Misty said...

Love this Carol, it is so cute and girlie. It
also keeps the things she uses most often at hand.
Only problem is her wardrobe is far too
extensive for so few pegs. Have to come up
with something down the road for more sweaters
and coats. No all jokes aside this project is
very nice and
seriously it is adorable.

charlotte fletcher@roma land woodcrafts said...

Awwww....really cute...lucky girl!

Cindy said...

That's an awesome little leash holder Carol. Mine needs to be a little longer with both dogs names on it lol. Really is very useful and good looking to hang where needed for all those leashes etc. that our furbabies have.

Unknown said...

Love it great project

Nell said...

Carol, the leash holder is so cute! Great project and so useful. I'm sure little Jelly Bean loves it lol.

Carol Wulf said...

Thank you all for your comments. I really did enjoy making this, and it was so easy.

Terry B said...

Well how cool is this! I really like this leash holder, great to be able to put your fur baby name on it!

Great idea and great work.