Saturday, April 14, 2018

A Reminder to take time to "Enjoy the little Things"



I picked this stencil up awhile back and when I ran across it I knew I had to do something with it. So often we forget to do what this saying says. My Proxxon Tools helped me to build the shadow box and Plaid paints helped me to create the saying and frame.


The Supplies Needed for this Project:

Assorted stamps
Assorted Inks
3/16 inch Birch panel
Furring Strips
Nails
Off white acrylic paint

Use the Proxxon Band Saw to begin this project by cutting a backer board 11" square from 3/16" thick birch panel.

Then continue using the Proxxon Band Saw to cut the sides by cutting a 1"x 2" furring strip into 4 pieces 11" long with a 45 degree cut on each end.

You make your square frame by nailing the four pieces of furring strips together and then attaching the backer board to the frame with nails. Once you have it all put together, take you Proxxon Delta Sander and sand off any rough edges.


Once everything is well sanded and smooth paint the inside of the backer board with an off white acrylic paint and the inside of the frame with Plaid Brushed Metal Paint in Black . I then centered the sticky back stencil on the inside of the frame and used Plaid Color Shift Paint in Blue on the stencil. I used stamps and various inks to put the other decorative things onto the frame. I left the rest of the painting on the outside of the frame until the inside was finished just in case I made a mistake and got color that didn't belong on the frame. I finished the painting with Plaid Brushed Metal Paint in Black and put a hanger on the back.
I think it turned out nicely and I have just the place to hang it. I hope you all take the time to "Enjoy the little things" and that you enjoyed this project and will want to try this on your own. Proxxon tools definitely make the job easier to accomplish. Take a look at their tools over on their website at: www.proxxon.com and also all of the Plaid products at: www.plaidonline.com

Thanks for looking this project over, and I would appreciate you leaving a comment right here on the blog to let me know what you thought of it.

Barbara


4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute!

Unknown said...

That's cool! Where are you going to hang it?

Misty said...

Good one Barbara, it is something we all
need to be reminded often. You did a great job
making and painting the sign. Good directions as well.
It will fit in anywhere you decide to
hang also a great little gift.

Carol Wulf said...

That came out beautiful and I love the sentiment. Life is made up of all the little things. Nice reminder!