Saturday, November 24, 2018

What fun it is to Engrave on Glass!






With the Thanksgiving Holiday this week I took some time off to play with my Proxxon Engraver GG12. What a fun tool! I made this cute little candle holder that has snowflakes on it in just a little bit of time.

Supplies Needed for this Project:
Glass jar
Ribbon
Battery operated tea light

The Proxxon Engraver GG12 kit comes with all the pieces shown here. 


Instead of using a pattern taped to the inside of the little jar that I was using, I free handed some snowflakes all around the jar with little dots between. 


I thought the snowflakes looked pretty good but decided that the jar needed a little something more. 


So I used my Bowdabra bow maker to create a cute little bow to dress it up. I then placed a battery operated tea light on the inside and voila' a nice little decoration piece! I was a little worried at first using a new tool but this is just so easy! The only thing you always want to remember when using an engraver on glass is to wear a respirator and goggles because when you grind on glass you can get small particles of it in the air. I hope you enjoyed this little project and that you go on over to the Proxxon Tool Site and check out this particular tool. Just think of all of the projects you could create with it!


Please leave me a comment because I read them all. Thanks for looking at this review.

Barbara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That is cute! You could also decorate the lid and use it as a candy jar. Great idea!
Marsha