Saturday, February 9, 2019

How to make a Candleholder by using Proxxon Tools




Materials Needed For This Project:

Drill w/ hole saw blades
Screws
Paint Brushes
Scrap Wood



To begin with I used my Kapro Measure Mate 313 to measure the length of my scrap 2 x 4 to the length of 14 1/2" and my scrap 1 x 3 piece of wood to length of 13 1/2". 




I cut the scrap pieces of wood with my Proxxon Band Saw to the measurements of 14 1/2" and 
13 1/2". I took the piece of 2 x 4, marked it and centered the 1 x 3 on top of it. I measured the center of the 1 x 3 for placement of the holes that I cut for my tealights and then I just eyeballed the placement for the two tealights on either side of it. Once I had them marked I used a hole saw blade that was 1 1/2" across to cut the holes for the tealights which fit inside perfectly. 




I used my  Proxxon Rotary Tool w/ Drill Bit to drill countersink holes for the screws that I used to put my two pieces of wood together.



After my wood was screwed together I used my Proxxon Delta Sander to smooth out the whole piece.


Here's what my wood looked like prior to using the Plaid Coastal Texture Paint (Sand Dollar)


Doesn't that paint look awesome? I only had to use one coat too! I was going to use the Plaid Glitterific-Red to begin with and then changed my mind and decided to use the Plaid Glitterific Paint-Clear Hologram which really does pick up or reflect on the color around it.


I loved the way this tealight holder turned out and it would look great as a decor piece for all the time. I'm going to be using it in another project with another product so stay tuned to see where it turns up next!

Proxxon Tools are really the bomb ya'll! You really need to check out their tools. While you're at it check out the Plaid website and see their products too. 
Please leave a comment as I read everyone.

Barbara


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the holo glitter paint added! ❤️

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is nice and the choice of glitter paint was excellent. Now it isn't just for one holiday! Marsha

harry said...


NICE for giving a chance to share ideas for your comuty i really thanks for that great post.

visit our website

Misty said...

Very pretty Barbara, ideal for valentines.
Nice idea and work.

Carol Wulf said...

What a pretty little project. I bet it looks amazing in a darkened room. Good job!