Wednesday, February 20, 2019

How to Make a Heart wall hanging

I know Valentine's Day has passed, but that doesn't mean your love of hearts needs to end.  Hearts can be used for weddings, anniversaries and even every day projects.






Begin by drawing a heart on a piece of wood.


Use the 2 Speed Scroll Saw to cut out the heart.  The Scroll Saw makes quick work of cutting wood projects. 


Use the Delta Sander to sand the heart and the Bench Drill Press to make a hole in the center of the heart.


Next, paint the heart with black gesso.


Use assorted Crafter's Workshop stencils with molding paste to add dimension.  Allow to dry then add color with Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Sprays.  I used Desert Sandy, Lilac Posies, Pear Tart and Potter's Clay.


I then used Prima Art Alchemy waxes to add different effects to the black gesso.


Along the right side I added chipboard elements then placed tiny hearts created with Makin's Clay and a Mod Podge mold.  


Along the left side, I placed colored gauze.  Flowers, labels and tiny rocks were added to the panel to complete my design.



I nestled a wood word amongst the flowers and added a clipped tag.



What do you think?




3 comments:

Cindy said...

Pretty heart Steph and you make it look so easy to make!

Carol Wulf said...

I love your creativity Project came out great! The hot wire tool seems like it would be fun to use.

Misty Orlove said...

Very nice project Steph.
Great idea.