Friday, December 6, 2019

Ho Ho Ho Christmas decor

Christmas is coming!!!
And we still have time to make some décor!
Today I have a simple but cute project that you can make in no time at all, and you probably have all you need to decorate it in your Christmas box.   I realize we all have a lot of decorations we use every year, but isn't it fun to have something new to set out?, and the fact that you made it makes it even more special.  Let the kids do the painting and you have a family treasure to pass down through the ages.

Supplies and Equipment:
1/4" - 1/2" scrap wood, large enough for your pattern
Small awl.
3 jingle bells
3 short pieces of thin wire
3 small eye screws
glitter and adornments  (optional)
hanger of your choice.

To get started I simply drew out a pattern I thought would be cute.  
I used graph paper to help me keep the HO HOs all the same size.  👷

I traced the pattern onto my piece of wood then cut it out first using the Proxxon mini bandsaw, (which cuts like butter) to do the long straight pieces.   I then turned to the Proxxon mini scroll saw to do the sharper inside cuts.   I could have used Proxxon's extra thin bandsaw blade to do the whole thing as it makes really sharp turns like a scroll saw, but I did it this way.


Next I sanded it all using Proxxon's OZI/E delta sander to get into all the nooks and crannys.  It's triangle shaped head really helps get the job done.



Using an awl I poked starter holes in the tip of the candy canes and inserted small eye hooks.   These are really small eyehooks as you can see.  



PAINTING

I first painted it all, front, back and sides, using Plaid icy white paint.  Next I painted the top and bottom HO's red and the middle HO green.  I used white to embellish them and paint the stripes on the candy canes.                Plaid makes beautiful paints!


       


Using my 3 pieces of thin wire I attached my Jingle bells to the eye hooks.  Oh and I added a little glitter for  some bling.   Sorry it doesn't show up well in this picture.  

Lastly, I attached a saw tooth picture hanger on the back.   You could alternately hang it with some wire.   It looks really nice on the door and the jingle lets you know you have somebody coming in.       Is it Santa?...?      no, he comes down the chimney silly.  


I told you it was easy.  Hope you choose to make one for yourself.
Thank you Proxxon and Plaid, our sponsors.  

Enjoy the Holiday season.     Carol



I

3

1 comment:

Nell said...

Carol, you have great ideas ! This is a cute project and you did an excellent job making it.