Friday, December 18, 2020

BuildingBuilding A Tiny Fence

 



Hi everyone.  I've been building tiny houses to sell. I thought I'd concentrate this month on some little fence to go with them. This is a simple project that would look sweet with a tiny house, around a small Christmas tree or anywhere you may have some small animals on display. Follow me and I'll show you how I made it.



Supplies:

  Proxxon Micro Bandsaw

  Scrap wood  1/2" thick

  Scrap wood 3/4" thick

  Scrap wood 1/8" thick

  Popsicle sticks

  Wood glue


First using the micro bandsaw I cut 2 thin strips off of 1/2" plywood scraps. About 1/4" thick and 18" long 




 I laid them on my workbench parallel to each other and 1" space in between them. I temporarily tacked them on each end to my workbench.




Next working with my popsicle sticks I laid out my desired pattern and glued them to the sticks.










Leaving at least an inch at each end. Let dry. Now I'm going to trim off the bottom edge of the popsicle sticks using my Micro Bandsaw. I drew a line about 1/2" below wood strips for the cut line. Trim off.



Next I made the posts for each end. Using 3/4" scraps I cut two identical pieces 3/4' x 3 1/8" long. On each end of the fence I marked and trimmed the rails off leaving 1/2"

  





Next using the thin scrap wood I drew out the end caps for the top and bottom of posts. Cut these pieces with the Micro bandsaw.


 





Here's all my pieces.


I glued the two end posts to the fence and let dry. I then glued the tiny square on top of the end caps. Glue these to the tops of the posts and the flat square to the bottom.



Here's my finished fence. I haven't decided yet weather I'm painting or staining it. Depends on how it will look in front of my next tiny house. I don't have any left to show it in front of because I've sold them all. 

  

Hope you enjoyed this project. thanks for following along :-)
 Colleen













 












No comments: