Thursday, January 21, 2021

How To Make A Tiny Bench

 


Hi everyone!  I've been building tiny houses with my Proxxon tools. I've been selling them as fast as I can make them.  I need some little props with my houses for photo shoots.  I found some tiny crocks and thought a little bench would be nice to set them on.  Follow along and I'll show you how I made it  :-) 


Supplies:

  Proxxon Micro Bandsaw 

  3/16" basswood

  Wood glue

  Plaid Paint

  Fine sandpaper


I first sketched out a pattern and then transferred it to my basswood. Two legs, one top and two skirt pieces.




Next using my Proxxon Micro Bandsaw I cut out all five pieces.




I now have the five pieces cut out. I use a nail file to take off any burrs on the wood pieces or you could lightly use the Proxxon Delta Sander.

Next taking each of the leg pieces I applied a tiny bit of wood glue on the top edge and glued them to the underside of the top piece about 1/4" from the edge. Let dry.






Next take each of the skirting pieces and apply a line of glue to the top edge and a tiny bit on the top of the legs. Glue in place. 





After it was dry I set it in front of my cabin to see how it looked.  I thought it was a little to tall so I trimmed the legs down about 1/8" using the Micro Bandsaw.



Next I painted the entire piece with Plaid Burnt Umber Paint and let dry. 



Finally using my nail file I filed it on the edges to make it look old.



Here's my finished piece.  I think it looks cute in front of my cabin with the tiny crocks I found. Thanks for following along. .....Colleen
























1 comment:

Candy Rosenberg, A Vintage Girl said...

I am so stealing this idea for my dollhouse! BRILLIANT!