Friday, February 12, 2021

Bestill My Valentine Proxxon Heart With Kisses




It wasn't hard to be inspired with one of my favorite holidays, not necessarily because of the romantic aspect but the colors.  I love red and pink together and all the chocolate goodies. I am a big home decor addict as well as my dollhouse obsession so the Proxxon tiny tools are such a blessing for these little projects, especially for Valentine's.


I just got my Proxxon Scroll Saw all setup, my most favorite tool ever and tried a couple of ideas that just did not translate well, just a learning curve and super cold weather so nothing would dry fast enough.  I am in charge of the decorations at work and had a package of glass containers and a few bags of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses. What could I do with this new toy?  The jars did not afford me a whole bunch of real estate but I decided to make simple hearts, paint, distress, and attach to the front. 

Although they appear simple it took all afternoon of playing to get them right with different ways, popsicle sticks, birchwood, chipboard, and foam. You should see my table stacked with all kinds of misfit wood pieces, its rather funny.  And no, I am not sharing a photo.  It is far too embarassing.

So lets get started...



I decided on the birchwood sheet.  Cut down a small strip and draw the proper size heart to cut.  Cut out three hearts.  Once cut, you will need to sand with the Proxxon Sander.



First, we start with the scroll saw and cut out the hearts that we have drawn on the wood.  This process actually took a bit, as I wanted to go slow and get the best shape I could.  There was still plenty of elbow grease to be had, though.  



Once cut, sanded and shaped with the Proxxon Delta Sander OZI/E and cover with paint.  I used Prima Marketing, Inc's Finnabair Impasto.  This paint is THICK and only needs one coat making the process easier.  I used a brown paint as well to give the hearts some depth.






Once I attached the hearts to the front of the glass containers, I then painted the silver lids in the same red.  When it dried, I sanded it to be distressed and show the silver through the paint.  Gives it a vintage look that matches my home decor.







Load them up with Hershey's Chocolate Kisses to finish it off.  I am in love with this project, although simple it has a beautiful impact on the decor.  Sometimes simple is more.


Thank you for stopping by

1 comment:

Misty said...

Really Nice Carole and as always well done.