Thursday, February 18, 2021

Making A Little Brown Jug

 



Hi everyone!  I'm continuing to make small accessories for the tiny houses I'm building (which I'm selling as fast as I can make them).  I thought a little brown jug would look cute along side the little bench I built.  I'm going to show you how to make one using the Proxxon Micro Woodturning Lathe.  follow along to see how I did it.



Supplies and Equipment

  Proxxon Micro Woodturning Lathe

  Proxxon Five Piece Chisel Set

  Proxxon Micro Bandsaw

  Proxxon Bench Drill Press

  1 1/4" round wood dowel

  Plaid Paint

  Sand Paper



Attach the dowel rod to the lathe.


  


Turn the lathe on and cut in a few reference lines.




Using the chisels begin shaping the jug.  Try different chisels to get a feeling for what each one is capable of.





Once I was satisfied with the shape I removed it from the lathe.




Using the Proxxon Mini Bandsaw, I carefully cut it away from the rest of the dowel.




Using the Proxxon Bench Drill Press, drill press I drilled a small hole in the top.




 


I sanded lightly with a small piece of sandpaper and painted with Plaid paint.




This is my finished product.  I think they look cute sitting on the tiny bench.  Can't wait to display them with my next cabin.  Till next time .... Colleen





1 comment:

Misty said...

Very well done great ideas.