Thursday, April 15, 2021

Home repairs using Proxxon tools

 Hi everyone.  Accidents happen, don't they.  Look what happened to our shed.  There's a hole in the wall.  I don't really know what happened but good grief, look at that hole!  👀  I don't want to have to replace the whole panel so we are going to patch it, but I don't want it to look patched, so we will patch it with something decorative.   I am going to use Proxxon tools to fix this and it is going to look better than ever.



Looking around the shop for something to patch this with.  Aha... I spy an old license plate and I know I can cut it easily using the Proxxon mini bandsaw so I drew a simple pattern onto it.  I like sunshine so I drew a simple sun then cut it out using the Proxxon mini bandsaw.  


That was really easy.  I do recommend ear protection when cutting metal because it is a little noisy,  Of course always, always, always, wear eye protection in the shop !!


I used the Proxxon rotary tool with a metal sanding disk to take off the rough edges.   Next time I would choose something less pointy.   I always learn something with each project.

The next challenge was to attach it to the shed wall.   I don't think the siding on the shed would stand up to nailing or screws.  Hmmm.    I decided to cut a thin piece of wood and stick it to the inside of the wall and that would give me something to screw into.  The picture below is just how I stabilized the wood while waiting for the glue to dry.  This is inside the shed.  The wood piece is covering the hole.


  

Next I used the Proxxon mini drill press to make 5 tiny holes in my sun's rays where I will insert the screws to fasten the sun over the hole in the shed.


I painted my sun with Plaid paints, let it dry well, then sealed it with krylon triple thick gloss sealer.


Off to the shed.   I brought with me my cordless Proxxon rotary tool equipped with a small drill bit and predrilled my 5 holes through the sun, through the siding and into the plywood patch inside.  Then I fastened them all down securely with screws.  This little patch isn't going anywhere.   I think it looks cheerful.  and was a whole lot cheaper than new siding.  




Bonus tip.    I have a terrible time trying to squeeze glue out of the bottles they come in.  This is how I solved my glue problem.   I emptied the glue into a empty water bottle that had a sippable top and closure.  I used a rubber band to attach the original label so I have directions.   OMG  life is so much easier now that I can squeeze the bottle.  EASY SQUEEZY and it doesn't clog up.



Well thanks you for visiting.   I use Proxxon tools everyday to fix and repair.  Thank you Proxxon for that.   And thank you Plaid for adding color to our lives.  Till next time...Carol


1 comment:

Misty said...

Well dang if you didn't
again do it again. But it
is a cheap way
to fix a hole and repair
the shed wall.
Have to admit it is cute
and does a good job of
keeping
the shed dry.
Good Job