Thursday, September 2, 2021

Easy to make photo display

 Hi again, Carol here with another quick and easy project.  Today we will be making a hanging photo display.  Of course it is multipurpose.  I will be using the one I'm making to hold project plans in my workshop.  

I think this is a good project for kids to hang all the pictures of their friends on the wall.

Equipment and supplies.   

A length of wood that can be cut to 1 x 1.5 x36"  we will need 2 of those
Proxxon mini drill press with small drill bit.
spool of twine or cord 
glue
ornaments for decoration (optional)
Clothespins
I have a piece of 1 x 6" cedar board so I will use my Proxxon mini table saw to cut it down to 1 x 1.5 x 36 "    I need two of these.



Using the Proxxon OZI/E delta sander I get these two pieces as smooth as I can.







Using Proxxon's torch flame kit I personalize the top bar with woodburning.  I love how woodburning looks on cedar.

Next it is off to the Proxxon mini drill press.  Here I can make holes every 1 1/2" on the top and bottom bars.  Using the fence that comes with the tool, I can slide my wood along it keeping it centered.  Yay!


I used pony beads to tie my know in the top bar.  I like a little color but this is optional.  I first tied the left most string then the right most string and checked for level.  Then I finished tying up all the middle strings.  I will cut off the excess strings and add a drop of glue so that they don't untie themselves.   






Add 2 saw tooth picture hangers to the back and it is ready to hang


With clothes pins I can hand all my photos and change them out whenever I want to  

And there you have it.   Mine is sparsely decorated, but you can make it yours any number of ways.   

That was an easy one, wasn't it.   I think next time we need a little challenge.   Let me ponder that.     Till then,  Play safe   Carol

Thank you Proxxon I love your tools!!!

No comments: